Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 1995 16:44:22 +0000 ()
From:      Andrew <andrew@andrew.tased.edu.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MX addresses

Hi,

Thanks for your help in the past...everything seems to be working except
for the occaision "crash" where the unix refuses connections telnet
connections and all the users dissappear (where their names should be (in
finger etc) there are numbers...usually 0 or 1001) and ~user paths stop
working. If you have any ideas it would be nice but....

The real reason I am writing is to ask about MX addresses. I have named
running with an MX address for hobart.tased.edu.au pointing at
flopsy.hobart.tased.edu.au. When mail is sent from a PC using flopsy as
a SMTP server a message comes up on the monitor of the unix -
syserr(root) MX list for hobart.tased.edu.au points back to
flopsy.hobart.tased.edu.au

The mail ends up in roots mail box...I forward you a copy of that as well.

mail addressed to user@flopsy.hobart.tased.edu.au works OK

I'm not sure what return address will go with this but try
andrew@flopsy.hobart.tased.edu.au

Thanks,

Andrew