Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 1997 03:33:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ioannis Tambouras <ioannis@flinet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   What directories to download?

 I am a long time Linux user and my fate guided me to try freeBSD. Having
 read INSTALL.TXT, my best choice of intallation (since I use a slow
 ppp link) is to download all files a local nfs server (or ftp site) and
 install from ethernet.

 When I look at the directory <ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.1.7/RELEASE/>;
 I want to download the "Developer distribution". The boot.flp is ready, but
 what directories do I need to download? I plan to install many networking
 and admin packages, and ideally have cvs update capabilities (in part,
 this is what attracted to freebsd).

 Thanks

--
Ioannis Tambouras