Date:      Mon, 05 Feb 1996 21:44:11 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org (Frank Durda IV)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sup%d is broken - I agree

  From: uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org (Frank Durda IV)
  [0]Jordan wrote:
  [0]PLEASE DON'T USE SUP.FREEBSD.ORG TO UPDATE YOURSELF!

  [1]John Polstra  replied:
  [1]When I try an experiment, and that experiment attempts to delete
  [1]220 MB of my files, I lose my thirst for adventure very quickly.
  [1]Nevertheless, if you or somebody else can give me some clue about
  [1]how to switch to a different sup server without losing all my
  [1]perfectly good files, I'll try again.

  [3]Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net> says:
  [3]As I have pointed out, the cvs tree that I am getting from sup2 also seems
  [3]to have problems. As a result, my distribution in the name of -stable,
  [3]reflects the same condition.
  [3]
  [3]We MUST get these problems fixed or we all will be forced to "look to the
  [3]source" for correct data.

  I must also report similar problems:
  Sup from sup2 either hangs for hours on end for no apparent reason
  (no Busy message) and when it does wake up, it starts deleting entire
  -current trees like mad.

I use sup2 almost daily and have never had any problems like this since
it got into operation.   I _use_ this sup server constantly to
upgrade my -current sources at home and have done so for the past 2 months.

What speed link are you suping over?

The kerberosIV collection *IS* invalid.  Remove it from your supfile.