Date:      Tue, 07 Jul 1998 11:00:17 +0900
From:      Tomoyoshi ASANO <asa@use-net.co.jp>
To:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sun4c/Sun4m

I'm sorry I can not write a good English e-mail,

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998 11:54:39 -0400 (EDT)
Charles Youse <cyouse@artemis.syncom.net> wrote:

> I was delighted to discover that FreeBSD is being ported to the Sparc!
> Sparcs are excellent machines, but finding a good operating system for
> them is tough.

> I think FreeBSD is polished, professional, and stable.  While the port to
> the Ultra is obviously paramount, I'd still like to see FreeBSD on the 4m
> and 4c, as those machines are aging but still usable.
>
> If you can provide some technical documentation here and there (many
> questions can be answered by looking at *BSD and Linux source ...)  I'm
> willing and able to take on those architectures.  Is anybody currently
> working on that?

If you want some infomation to building FreeBSD/sparc kernel,
It is good choise you try to read and use the source code of
Net/OpenBSD.

Maybe OpenBSD is more better and easy, I think.

I am using the SS2, SS5 with OpenBSD 2.3 kernel and FreeBSD
2.17.1, 2.2.6 Libraies and FreeBSD /usr/share.
(/sbin, /usr/sbin and libkvm.a are using OpenBSD 2.3 codes.)

It is NOT perfect. But it is easy.

-- Tomoyoshi ASANO