Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 12:21:44 -0400
From:      "Lester A. Mesa" <netadmin@primex.prontel.net>
To:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Mounting Problem

I have a COMPAQ 1600R with SCSI drives, 1 drive on Port 1 (Hot Swap
Bay/Data) and 2 drives on regular SCSI Port 2 (Boot System).  Before
installing the drive on the Port 1 I installed FreeBSD 4S on the 1st drive
on Port 2 in which was da0s1 at that time.  Now that I have installed the
drive on Port 1 it moved my drive on Port 2 to da1s1, so in order to still
boot from that drive, I change the fstab from da0s1 to da1s1 .. But when I
booted the server it errors out with " Can't stat /dev/da1s1ga : No such
file or directory " and it takes me to single user-mode, yet ls and look at
around I'm at my / and if I do df /dev/da1s1ga seems to mounted. I notice
that the partition is also mounted as read-only.

Is there anything I can to create the partitions with da1s1ga with out
losing any data?

Any advice will be very appreciated