Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:44:08 +0800
From:      Jun Su <csujun@gmail.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        delphij@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Propose for Several Dump types

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:48:44 +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp
<phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
> In message <cd4370cf04121323433255da9d@mail.gmail.com>, Jun Su writes:
>
> >MiniDump
> >=======
> >In a minidump, Register info, plus the crash stack is enough.
>
> Make it an EVENTHANDLER() and dump it in ascii format.
Don't think the ascii format is a good choose. We can only dump the
information like the ones we can get in the KDB. My propose is storing
the pages that the stack point is in. Then we can get more useful
stack in the userland with the kernel file and kernel symbol.

> That way any kernel subsystem can hook in a function and dump
> potentially relevant information.
>
> --

-- Jun Su