Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2006 15:51:24 +0300
From:      "Mbuthia Wangui" <pwangui@africaonline.co.ke>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   installing ports

------=_NextPart_000_03DD_01C6E703.C87FE1A0

I have a bandwidth manager running on FreeBSD 4.9 LOCAL. I want to =
install net-snmp so that traffic generated on the bwmger can be pointed =
to cacti (like mrtg). My problem is that I have gone through enough =
manuals to get assistance on which commands I should run to install the =
ports hierarchy. I have even tried using the cvsup utility but I get an =
error: "Parsing supfile "ports-supfile"
Release not specified for collection "host=3Dcvsup.FreeBSD.org". It =
doesn't matter which host I use, the response is still the same.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or missing out. Will really =
appreciate prompt response.=20

P.S. Can someone please recommend a FreeBSD book for dummies.

Thanks

Phyllis Mbuthia=20
Assistant Network Engineer
Africa Online, Kenya
Tel: +254 (20) 243 775
Fax: +254 (20) 27 100 10
Email: pwangui@africaonline.co.ke
AIM: Zytuni
=20

Africa Online Disclaimer and Confidentiality Note=20

This e-mail, its attachments and any rights attaching hereto are, unless =
the context clearly indicates otherwise, the property of Africa Online =
Holdings (Kenya) Limited and / or its subsidiaries ("the Group"). It is =
confidential and intended for the addressee only. Should you not be the =
addressee and have received this e-mail by mistake, kindly notify the =
sender, delete this e-mail immediately and do not disclose or use the =
same in any manner whatsoever. Views and opinions expressed in this =
e-mail are those of the sender unless clearly stated as those of the =
Group. The Group accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or =
damages, however incurred, resulting from the use of this e-mail or its =
attachments. The Group does not warrant the integrity of this e-mail, =
nor that it is free of errors, viruses, interception or interference. =
For more information about Africa Online, please visit our website at =
http://www.africaonline.com=20

------=_NextPart_000_03DD_01C6E703.C87FE1A0--