Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 2002 23:57:33 -0700
From:      Aaron Voisine <aaron@voisine.org>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <gehicks@gehicks.dyndns.org>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.6-stable in 8Megs with no swap

The problem I was having before with "read error"
was solved by placing the boot image on a slice
ie using of=3D/dev/ad8s1 instead of of=3D/dev/ad8, and
then running disklabel as per the picobsd man
page.

I'm still not sure why using dd to put the image
directly on a floppy didn't work. I found that if I use
the picobsd script in interactive mode and let the
script create the floppy, it works.

l8r
Aaron