Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 19:18:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Colin <cwass99@home.com>
To:        "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
Cc:        freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel Panic when VESA support compiled in

     I'm doing this as fast as I can, unfortunately work keeps interfering with
the important things in my life ;)
     I turned on VM86, recompiled and it works.  By elimination, the problem is
in VESA.  From LINT, I surmise that VM86 is required for VESA so I can't really
test that...or can I?  I also need a few hours to make sure it's not something
I'm doing and is in fact a bug.  That's why I haven't cross posted to -HACKERS
or -STABLE yet.  That will happen later tonight, probably.
     At this late stage, a note in errata would probably be appropriate, since
from the web resources I've seen, this obviously works on at least some
controllers ;)

     Just for information, there are already announcements about 3.4-RELEASE on
daily.daemonnews.org.  I guess some people are getting anxious ;)

E-Mail: Colin <cwass99@home.com>