Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 1998 00:59:13 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcp_wrapper & syslog

According to Chris Stenton:
> Can someone tell me what I should put in syslog.conf so that I get accesses
> logged. At the moment I have enabled tcpd on ftp connectins (in inetd.conf)
> but get no output what so ever.

Logins though login(1) are logged by default. If you use TCP_Wrappers, the
default log facility is LOG_AUTH if you compile the port.

Look into /var/log/authlog for logs. If you don't have it, "touch authlog",
check you have what is needed in /etc/syslog.conf and restart syslogd.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #2: Thu Jan  8 00:49:00 CET 1998