Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 22:32:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Joe \"Marcus\" Clarke" <marcus@miami.edu>
To:        Matthew Hunt <mph@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/6354

Matthew, INTERACTIVE is necessary if the setuid option is to be enabled.
If gone is configured by root, then configure prompts for user input.  I
don't want to force a suid binary on an unsuspecting system.  While
there are no security holes I've noticed, I'd like sysadmins to have the
choice of making gone suid.  If they choose to suid it, then they have
an added feature, if not, that feature is quelled.  As for your other
suggestions, thank you, I will get portlint.

Joe Clarke