Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:38:35 -0400
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        kyle <kyle@pchost.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bad sectors

Hmm.. normally you can find them by watching the dmesg output/messages
output..

I had a drive full of them (I hate Western Digital 1.2gig's because of it),
and by seeing where they were, I went and reinstalled FreeBSD, but resized
the drive around it (luckily I only lost maybe 10mb).

At the same time you should think to yourself "Perhaps this drive is going
bad, and maybe I shouldn't rely on it for anything" :-)

At 03:41 PM 10/22/98 +1000, kyle wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have some bad sectors on my hard drive and need to find out where they
>are.
>Is anyone able to inform me to where I am able to get this information
>and how I can get it.
>
>kyle buttress

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-hackers" in the body of the message

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange 207-942-0275
http://www.droo.orland.me.us
My Latest Kernel: FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (ONEEX) #14: Mon Oct 19 22:36:58 EDT 1998