Date:      Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:33:02 +0000
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        Kov?cs P?ter <kovacspeter2@freemail.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sshd DNS

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 07:06:00PM +0100, Kov?cs P?ter wrote:
> For what sshd needs DNS? If the DNS is unavailable I can't
> log into my computer. How can I resolve this problem, so I
> can still login if the DNS is not available?

I think this is a bad interaction between the default sshd timeouts
and the DNS timeouts. If your reverse DNS is non-responding (as
opposed to just non-existant) then sshd's login timeout can expire
before the DNS lookup finishes making logins impossible. One way
around is to up the login timeout for sshd.

	David.