Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:21:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Robert Uzzi" <ruzzi@compedgeracing.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mysql50-server not starting correctly on FreeBSD  6.1-PRERELEASE (ldconfig, rcorder)

<snip>

> I now have two questions:
>
> 1) Is this a correct fix?

Probably not, the correct fix would have been to cvsup your ports tree to
get the latest MySQL and then portupgrade MySQL which I'm guessing would
have fixed the problem. I'm not seeing the problem on my MySQL boxes but
then I sync the ports tree before I build.

> 2) If so, should I file a PR with a patch or can someone just get this
> committed?

Can't tell if it's a bug until the proper step's are done. Besudes if you
are running an out of date port's tree the fix might have allready been
commited.