Date:      Sat, 01 Jun 2002 11:45:15 -0600
From:      Ian <freebsd@damnhippie.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Improving GNU make compatibility in BSD make (+ patch)

On 05/31/02 19:53, Jos Backus wrote:

> Fyi: it appears nobody is really interested in having BSD make and GNU make
> converge a little, so I am not going waste any more time on this.

Actually, I think it's a great idea.  It should make life much easier for
people creating and maintaining ports.  The tone of Terry's reply to your
mail seemed to be "My opinion is the only one that counts here and I
disagree with you."  My advice would be to not mistake the sheer volume of
Terry's constant bitching at anyone trying to do real productive work with
anything FreeBSD-policy-like.

-- Ian