Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 2014 13:39:07 -0500
From:      Thomas Hoffmann <trh411@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Julian Stecklina <jsteckli@os.inf.tu-dresden.de>
Subject:   Re: UFS panic on Google Compute Engine

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Julian Stecklina <
jsteckli@os.inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> On 01/08/2014 07:05 PM, Thomas Hoffmann wrote:
> > I experienced that exact same panic back on 9.1-RELEASE. Every time I
> > executed a command that used /var, my system would panic. I cleared it by
> > running fsck -y on all filesystems while in single user mode, so that is
> > the first thing I would try in spite of the fact that (unfortunately)
> > running fsck on GCE is a "bit hard". Sorry.
>
> No problem. Any idea how we both ended up with the same file system
> corruption?
>
> Julian

None whatsoever. When I originally experienced the panic I Google'd around
a bit and checked the FreeBSD forums. The only thing I was able to learn
was that fsck fixed the issue for those who experienced it, but nothing as
to why. Never experienced the "glitch" again and I did not find anyone for
whom the issue recurred.