Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 1997 15:54:58 -0300
From:      Wagner V V Souza <wvvsouza@viking.provale.com.br>
To:        support@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyclom-Y Driver

Hello,

I have installed an Cyclom-Y card on FreeBSD 2.2.1 and it don't work.
The kernel show the device during the boot.
I created the ttyc0 and cuac0 devices (32).
I Try but I can't to open a serial port (ttyc00 or cuac00).
using either kermit or minicom.

I put a USR Sportster on the first serial and the LED TR reminds off.
I also put a jumper on pin's 2 and 3 to test with the cu command.
It didn't work.

I supposed that was a card problem. But the cyctest program works fine.
It detect the card and test all ports Ok.

I already contact the Cyclades support but they tell me to direct this
problem to the FreeBSD support.

I will be glad you you can help me to solve this.
I bought two 32 ports card and I have to put them on work.

Thanks.

(sorry my english)

Wagner Souza
Provale Informatica