Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 1998 00:40:01 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <pine-info@freebsd.ady.ro>
To:        Pine Discussion Forum <pine-info@u.washington.edu>, FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [FreeBSD port of Pine 4.03] Found the culprit !

Hi,

On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Adrian Penisoara wrote:

>  I found what causes this: enabling the "quell-folder-internal-msg"
> feature (F_QUELL_INTERNAL_MSG for the programmers) !!

 Further details (after some tests on 2 machines over here):

  * I had no problems with the previous 4.02(A) Pine version...

  * Under FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE Pine 4.03 fails to check for new mail, no
    matter if it was compiled from the plain sources (with "./build bsf")
    or it was compiled from the FreeBSD port, if the
    "quell-folder-internal-msg" feature is enabled, but it doesn't exhibit
    at all if the feature is disabled !

  * Under FreeBSD 3.0-980520-SNAP Pine 4.03 doesn't exhibit this problem
    at all, built from sources/FreeBSD port, feature enabled/disabled.

 People out there: if you run FreeBSD and if you have some spare time
please help me by testing the Pine 4.03 package -- try compiling from the
bare sources with "./build bsf" and also from the FreeBSD port; you can
get the latest version of the FreeBSD port from here:

  ftp://ftp.freebsd.ady.ro/ports/pine/4.03/pine4.tar.gz
  http://members.xoom.com/adyx/FreeBSD/ports/pine/4.03/pine4.tar.gz

 Also try toggling the "quell-folder-internal-msg" (make sure you have a
zero-lenght mailbox).

 Please send your reports/ideeas to <pine@freebsd.ady.ro>. Thank you !

   Ady (@freebsd.ady.ro)