Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2000 01:42:02 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Nick Hibma <n_hibma@calcaphon.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
Subject:   Re: first INQUIRY goes round in circles (fwd)

After having another look at what CAM does, the following strikes me as
odd. In the case of SF_RETRY_UA being set, the command is retried
_without_ decrementing the retry_count. Can anyone enlighten me as to
why that is being done this way?

It's the cause of the infinite retry of the initial INQUIRY command.

(This does not solve the problem of UA not being reset for my drive,
but that needs a quirk anyway, instead of modifying the asc_text quirk
table)

"/sys/cam/scsi/scsi_all.c" line 2230 of 2933 --76%-- col 11-25

                case SSD_KEY_UNIT_ATTENTION:
                        /*
                         * This should also be filtered out by
                         * peripheral drivers since each has a different
                         * concept of what it means to invalidate the
			 * media.
                         */
                        if ((sense_flags & SF_RETRY_UA) != 0) {
                                /* don't decrement retry count */