Date:      Tue, 14 May 2002 10:54:40 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lots of cvsup traffic last month?

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 09:14:57AM -0400, Dan Langille wrote:
> cvsup.nz.freebsd.org is hosted free of charge by a kind company.
> International traffic costs them money.  They don't mind domestic traffic.
>  Last month there was 2.8GB of international traffic.  Did anyone else see
> a large jump in traffic last month?  I can't think of anything which would
> cause it as the only international traffic this box should be getting is
> from the master cvsup server.

Last month I asked for a repocopy of some files that amounted to
about 150MB of extra data in the repository.  These files caused
an uproar with some people so I had Joe K trim them down to less
than 150KB.  However, you probably transferred all of these
before this corrective measure was taken.  This amount of data
probably accounted for a large portion of your additional
international traffic.  I apologize to you and everyone else.

Regards,
--
wca