Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 1998 21:32:17 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Realtek driver

How does the Realtek driver hold up under load?  Is it fairly robust?  I know
it was a recent addition to the tree.  I am thinking of getting a couple of
cards with Realtek 8139 chips on them.  They are really cheap, about $23 a
piece or so.  They will be used for a home network, initially at 10Mbps, but
within a month or so, at 100Mbps.  Is the driver fairly stable, and are the
cards a good deal for that price?  Thanks!

--
Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Storage Networking Group