Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 1997 11:15:20 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X-inside CDE segfaulting all over the place

> Well, using null and union mounts we could hold the packages anywhere we
> wanted...
>
> And they would not even notice.

Yes they would - their systems would be crashing constantly due to the
fact that neither null or union mounts currently work worth a
damn. :-)

Seriously, there are a LOT of cool things we could do with a working
unionfs (like make /usr/obj go away and/or change significantly) but
after more than 2 years, I'm hardly going to hold my breath for it.
Too many things need to happen first, like the Lite2 merge, and we
haven't got enough people working on that right now to make quick
progress.

					Jordan