Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 20:49:46 +0400
From:      Grigoriy Strokin <grg@philol.msu.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   bad144 missing?

FreeBSD isabase.philol.msu.ru 4.0-STABLE FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE #0: Thu Apr 20
17:01:04 MSD 2000     grg@isabase.philol.msu.ru:/usr/src/sys/compile/ISABASE
i386

Hello,

Accidentally, I've found out that /usr/sbin/bad144 in my fbsd 4.0
is dated by December, and there is no bad144 in /usr/src.
So, has it disappeared?

I have a HDD with bad blocks, how do I find all of them and mark them?
I've done newfs, then fsck, fsck reports
  CANNOT READ: BLK 1114288 CONTINUE? [yn]
several times. Apparently, fsck won't mark the blocks it can't read as bad,
and therefore some data will be written there and then lost.
Am I missing something? How could I achieve functionality
that earlier was provided by bad144?

--
=== Grigoriy Strokin, Lomonosov University (MGU), Moscow ===
=== contact info: http://isabase.philol.msu.ru/~grg/     ===