Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:50:34 -0700
From:      "Dave Brock" <davidbrock@cox.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Newbie Install -  Fresh Meat!!

Whew! What doesn't kill me will make me stronger, right?
I am trying to install FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE. However, I'm having two =
distinct problems...or maybe even related for all I know!

1) When I attempt install from the CD-ROM I get a Fatal Trap 12 error =
for my CD-Rom on bootup.

2) When I boot from the floppies I can make my slices and labels just =
fine but when the actual file system install begins it tells me that =
there was an error with my CD-ROM.

It sounds to me like I'm having a CDROM driver issue but when I try to =
start over it skips the initial hardware configuation setup. I don't =
know what to do and if I am even looking in the right places. Please =
help me out. If I can get this goin' I know I'll be BSD for life!  =3D )

Thanks,
Dave Brock