Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 23:47:10 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Colman Reilly <careilly@monoid.cs.tcd.ie>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Security Policies [Was: ACLs [Was: C2 Trusted FreeBSD?] ]

> 	[Deleted discussion about how difficult ACLs are to implement in UNIX]

[Serious security model revamp proposal]

> The main problem see (beyond the size of the task!) is where to store the
> access control information.

That too.  Another would be making it clear to people how to work well
with the new model(s).

Having said all that, I'd still suggest that it's worth pursuing.  If
you approach the problem generalistically, you'd end up with something
that could be applied to a not inconsiderable number of like systems,
and achieve a pretty major breakthrough in that regard.

mike