Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:52:39 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@altavista.net>
Cc:        Chris Smith <chris@realcomputerguy.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i810 graphics

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> Doug Rabson wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Chris Smith wrote:
> >
> >  I'm working on an AGP driver
> > but its not ready for primetime yet.
>
> WOW, nice to hear!!! Will it be compatible with the current Linux developments in
> this area?

Broadly speaking yes. As far as the usermode ioctl api goes, I'm only
interested in allowing a single root owned client access to simple AGP
services. This will be sufficient for e.g. the i810 server.

For more complex uses (e.g. 3D rendering), the Precision Insight DRI will
arbitrate access to the AGP hardware.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com