Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 03:04:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>
To:        Christopher K Davis <ckd@ckdhr.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Intel 82550 PRO/100 S card supported at all?

On 5 Feb 2001, Christopher K Davis wrote:

>If they won't work, recommendations for reasonably priced sources of fxp
>cards that will would be appreciated.  These are going into old P5-133s,
>so I'd prefer not to spend *too* much more than the machines themselves
>are worth!  :-) [They currently have old 10Mb/s 3c509 ISA cards.]

Dont know if the new cards work but 82557 (100B)'s are still plentiful on
ebay for cheap or www.axiontech.com for $22 under the quick sell section.
I bought two a few weeks ago and they work great with fxp and met my
expectations based on my other two 82557's.  Checking their website
under quicksell, I see another Intel brand nic for only $14 but I cant
tell what model it is.  An email to them might reveal it.