Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:20:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andy <andy@wantpackets.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   good work; ...

Hello,
  Thank you for your support.
    I used the Oct 18 port, and after a cleaning of my old objects in my compile
  dir, I was able to successfully get an error.  I fixed the error, but I do not
  think this one is my fault.  In the files
     /sys/powerpc/powerpc/extintr.c
                         /interrupt.c
                         /intr_machdep.c
                         /machdep.c
  there are references to ext_intr_install, but extintr.c and machdep.c were using
  install_extint for some reason and caused link to fail.  A little sed to the
  said files allowed it to link.  (I think some old stuff was in there).  Do you
  experience the same thing?  I rm -rf my conf/GENERIC and did a config to the
  GENERIC config file.
    After quite a few months, I think the Oct 18 email is old. write_mfs_in_kernel
  is no longer in /usr/src/release, so I used the only other such file on my
  system which resided as /usr/src/release/picobsd/build/write_mfs_in_kernel.c.
  I compiled it without event, but when I try to execute it as shown in the email,
  it tells me "MFS filesystem signature not found in kernel."  Maybe you (anybody)
  could send me the .c you used in case I am not in error?
    Am I really the only person getting these kinds of errors?  BTW, I'm trying
  out the gcc-3.1 instructions from Peter's email, and am using the kit from the
  Oct 18 email at this moment.

Thank you very much,
Andrew