Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 22:55:43 -0400
From:      Matthew Hagerty <matthew@wolfepub.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PCI support for INTs

Greetings,

Does 2.2.6-R support various PCI INTs?  For example, I have an older MB
that has 3 PCI slots.  Each slot is assined an INT (A, B, and C) and
each INT can be assinged a system IRQ.  I was having trouble getting PCI
cards to work, most recently a NIC, and found that they only work in PCI
slot 1 which is assigned INT-A.

That would not be so bad except 1. I could only use 1 PCI card, 2. INT-A
can only be assigned IRQ14 (which conflicts the onboard IDE) or IRQ5
(which just conflicts everything), 3. PCI slot 1 is a shared PCI/ISA
slot, so I lose an ISA slot too! :(

Anyway, if I put a card in PCI slot 3 for example and set IRQ15 to it,
when 2.2.6-R starts it finds the card and the IRQ assigned to it by the
BIOS, but it reports that the card is using INT-A when actually PCI slot
3 is INT-C.  Alas the card won't work.  Put it in PCI slot 1 and all is
fine.

Any ideas or information?

Thanks
Matthew