Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:58:54 -0800
From:      Mike Makonnen <mtm@identd.net>
To:        Gordon Tetlow <gordont@gnf.org>
Cc:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br>, current@freebsd.org, obrien@freebsd.org, Doug Barton <DougB@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: RC NG, ntp and routed

--zx4FCpZtqtKETZ7O

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 08:22:08AM -0800, Gordon Tetlow wrote:
>=20
> I think keeping our boot scripts the same is kind of a pipe dream. I think
> we should keep our rc.subr the same, but for individual scripts, I think =
we
> should just go our own way.

I can see how keeping every we possibly can the same can make things
easier and I'm in favor of it. What I don't like is this stradling the
middle business. It's all or nothing. We can't keep some things in
sync and others not because the parts make up the whole. If we
change some parts that's going to affect other parts, which in turn
is going to affect the whole. This is really frustrating sometimes.

So, in short: "Please let's pick a path and follow it whole-heartedly!"=20

Cheers.
--=20
Mike Makonnen  | GPG-KEY: http://www.identd.net/~mtm/mtm.asc
mtm@identd.net | Fingerprint: D228 1A6F C64E 120A A1C9  A3AA DAE1 E2AF DBCC=