Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:25:13 +1000
From:      "Andrew Johns" <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        "James C. Durham" <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ssh2 tunneling through firewall

[snip]

> sshd2 is running on the local machine and the remote machine.
> I'm using ssh2 -R 23:localhost:23 my.server.xx.xx
>
> Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

I'm guessing, but do you need to specify your full localhost name as it
would be visible to the remote host, instead of using 'localhost' which
might be confusing the remote side as it may be trying to connect to
itself on port 23 via port 23 -> leading to its confusion (and mine
after that sentence :))

ie: does ssh2 -R 23:your.fully.qualified.local.host.name:23
remote.host.xx.yy work any better?

HTH

AJ