Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 2009 21:17:52 +0000
From:      Michal <ml@infosec.pl>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   pf starts too early

Hello,

I'm using pf on FreeBSD 8.0-RC1. My wlan0-ath0 card is set up via
wpa_supplicant.conf and rc.conf (ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"). pf also
starts via rc.conf

Problem is that pf cannot start during the system boot because it tries
to load rules before my network card gets authenticated and connected.
Since wlan0 doesn't have IP address at the time I get a lot of:

no IP address found for wlan0
/etc/pf.conf:151: could not parse host specification
no IP address found for wlan0
pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded
pf enabled

It fills up my dmesg output. Loading rules by hand works perfectly fine.

Any ideas what is wrong or which part of the system should I tweak?

Michal
--
"Attacks always get better; they never get worse." -NSA