Date:      Thu, 14 May 2015 22:19:42 -0600
From:      Gary Aitken <freebsd@dreamchaser.org>
To:        Bernt Hansson <bah@bananmonarki.se>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg problems

On 05/14/15 12:13, Bernt Hansson wrote:
> On 2015-05-14 19:44, Gary Aitken wrote:
>> On 05/14/15 11:17, Bernt Hansson wrote:
>>
>>> Trying to install xorg on freebsd 8.4-RELEASE-p16 but xorg can't find dri2.h
>>> This is the error after make install.
>>>
>>> ===>  Checking if xorg-server already installed
>>> ===>   Registering installation for xorg-server-1.14.7_4,1 as automatic
>>> pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/x11-servers/xorg-server/work/stage/usr/local/include/xorg/dri2.h: No such file or directory
>>> *** Error code 74
>>
>> Are you sure the package was actually built?
>
> No.
>
>> Does the .../work/stage/usr/local/include/xorg directory actually exist
>> and have anything in it?
>
> It is full of files, but not dri2.h
>
>>  The behavior looks like the work directory was
>> cleaned out.
>
> What to do?

It looks to me like it wasn't built completely.
I just built xorg-server-1.14.7_4,1 on my 9.2 system and it built fine and left
a dri2.h in the stage/usr/local/include/xorg/ directory.
I would try a make clean and then make; check the output of make to be sure
there weren't fatal errors that terminated it prematurely.  Then check the
work directory for dri2.h before doing the make install.

If all that fails update the ports tree and try again, but you will probably
have other stuff you will have to rebuild as a result.