Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 2000 10:52:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Pilli <reissell@cc.helsinki.fi>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail.local permissions

reissell> Ok, thanks. But would you believe, I *did* read the release notes
reissell> I'm aware of: /usr/src/contrib/sendmail/RELEASE_NOTES. The above
reissell> snippet isn't in that file.

I was referring to the FreeBSD release notes (see below).  But the
mail.local information is in the sendmail release notes as well:

	MAIL.LOCAL: Will not be installed setuid root.  To use mail.local
		as local delivery agent without LMTP mode, use
		MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`LOCAL', `+S')
		to set the S flag.

reissell> I found it in the URL Warner Losh provided, but haven't been able
reissell> to locate it in the /usr/src hierachy.  Am I missing something
reissell> really really obvious?

/usr/src/release/texts/i386/RELNOTES.TXT.