Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 02:38:00 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        "Vladislav V. Zhuk" <admin@dru.dn.ua>, Ian Dowse <iedowse@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: very old bug

On Friday 12 April 2002 02:15 am, Vladislav V. Zhuk wrote:
| On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 04:04:42PM +0100, Ian Dowse wrote:
| > [responding to a few similar questions]
| >
| > I'm not really familiour with all of the issues involved, but I
| > think the basic problems is that the buffer cache provides a delayed-
|
| [ ... ]
|
| I'm not interesting WHY system crash, I want to know WHEN this
| bug will be fixed. Even M$ DOS don't have this problem.

In fact, MS-DOS provide far superior support for floppies than Linux or
FreeBSD or any other Unix I've used.

(Though not as nice as AmigaDOS.  I think that Macs were also very clever
about floppies, but I've not used them so much.)

For that matter, most removable media is a pain with the whole mount/umount
paradigm.

But yes, the FreeBSD crash here is stupid.

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                ME -->  http://www.babbleon.org