Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2019 07:54:18 -0700
From:      "Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@juniper.net>
To:        Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu@freebsd.org>, <fcp@freebsd.org>, <sjg@juniper.net>
Subject:   Re: FCP 20190401-ci_policy: CI policy

Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > > - The test is difficult to maintain
> > This is too.  My main complain is that to debug a test case, I must strip
> > all atf* to be able to examine it under a debugger.

IMO this is a bug in the state of ATF in FreeBSD.
The ability to run atf tests on the host in-line with the build is one
of the reasons I picked ATF for Junos - but has been discarded in FreeBSD.
With atf tests runnable on build host in situ they are not hard to debug
there too.

I recently added a test suite for my package system (for Junos) and had
to use the bmake framework, because FreeBSD made it impossible to use
ATF/Kyua