Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 1996 15:35:24 -0600
From:      Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   'tickling' remote lpd

I have a remote printer that has stopped working. I have rebooted
the remote machine, and lp'ing a job locally on that machine prints.
(I have successfully printed remotely before, it just stopped working.)

When I do a 'lpq -Premote', it tells me it is waiting for xx.xx.xx.xx
to come up. How do I convince the local lpd to try again? I have killed
and restarted lpd on the local machine, but it is still waiting.

I can ping the remote, telnet to the remote and the remote can telnet
to me.

NOTE: I am subscribed to the digest version of this list, and I need this
answer quickly. Please email me DIRECTLY.

Thanks.

Randy Berndt <rberndt@nething.com>
AOS/VS, FreeBSD, DOS:
I'm caught in a maze of twisty little command interpreters, all different.