Date:      Mon, 15 May 2006 13:24:22 -0500
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        "Mike Jakubik" <mikej@rogers.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Duane Whitty <duane@greenmeadow.ca>
Subject:   Re: freeradius starts before mysql

On 5/15/06, Mike Jakubik <mikej@rogers.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the info. I will try the second method. But im finding this
> rcNG stuff a little weird. If application A provides X, and application
> B requires X, shouldn't A always start before B? If not, them my
> understanding of "require" and "provide" is flawed i guess...

You didn't say which version of FreeBSD your using.  If your using
FreeBSD <=3D 6.0, then the PROVIDES and REQUIRE lines have no effect in
your /usr/local/etc/rc.d.

If your using -CURRENT, or 6.1+ then the PROVIDES and REQUIRE lines
should affect the order in which the applications from
/usr/local/etc/rc.d.

Scot
--=20
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.