Date:      Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:26:19 +0100
From:      Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
To:        Marc Ernst Eddy van Woerkom <Marc.Vanwoerkom@FernUni-Hagen.de>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Eclipse under FreeBSD

Yes. IIRC around last year October.

> But anyway, the long term target should be to get ports working for
> as many BSDs as possible.
Indeed. I would like to see something like OpenPackages
( http://openpackages.org/index.php ) succeed. (BTW, NetBSD's pkgsrc works=20
on FreeBSD, too.. ;-) (Sorry, couldn't resist..)

> I would really be thankful for this.
> I guess it would save me quite some trouble.
Sent it to you..

> I have no good overview of the Eclipse development yet.
> Guess I have to read to a lot of articles on the site to understand
> what is going on.
There are a bunch of good docs at this site..

Regards,
Marc

--
"Premature optimization is the root of all evil." -- Donald E. Knuth