Date:      Thu, 7 May 2015 11:22:34 +0200
From:      Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   reproducible builds of FreeBSD in a chroot on Linux

--nextPart2344455.FMD7Fi2REh

Hi,

I'm one of the people involved in https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds
and have set up https://reproducible.debian.net which continously tests all
packages in the Debian archive for build reproducibility (so far on amd64
only).

=46or those who don't know, reproducible builds enable everyone to independ=
ently
verify that a given binary comes from specific source. This also allows to
indirectly verify that one's build system has not been tempered with - and
more. Please check the first URL of this mail for "the rest of the story".

And then someone pointed me to https://wiki.freebsd.org/ReproducibleBuilds
=2D kudos for how far you already!(!!)

So now I would like to build freebsd myself, twice, and compare the results
and show these results as in
https://reproducible.debian.net/rb-pkg/unstable/amd64/gcc-4.9.html - and th=
en
quite probably set up a jenkins job on jenkins.debian.net and do this every
week.=20

Here's the catch: I have basically no clue about freebsd - and I want to
build on Debian linux (on amd64) in a chroot. (And, it will need you people=
look at the results and eventually fix them!) ;-)=20

So maybe can you help me with my next step. I've found the github freebsd
repo and cloned it, how to proceed further now?

$ make buildworld
Makefile:137: *** missing separator.  Stop.

in the master branch of git://github.com/freebsd/freebsd wasn't right.. :/ =
;)

Thanks for any help and pointers! I've tried to find documentation on this =
but
had no luck so I figured  I could just ask...

cheers,
	Holger

(please cc: me I'm not subscribed.)