Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 1995 17:27:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Hittinger <bugs@ns1.win.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   re: Looking for RADIUS server for FreeBSD

> Brian Litzinger writes:
> Is there a RADIUS server available for FreeBSD anywhere?

Yes I've gotten ahold of two versions.  The version on the Livingston FTP
site compiles/links/and runs.  I've put in the patches for sensing a
PPP/SLIP connect and handling it differently from a UUCP connect.  The
patch is called something like "a user name suffix patch".  FYI.

There is a new version of Radius available from merit:

ftp://ftp.merit.edu/radius/releases/radius.2.3.tar.gz

This cut of radius works with FreeBSD but has a problem with one of the
images called rladmin.  They are supposed to come up with a fix for that
shortly.

FYI there are denial of service problems with udp storming the radius
ports.

Regards,

Mark Hittinger
Internet Manager