Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:38:50 +0100
From:      Bjoern Fischer <bfischer@Techfak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
To:        Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>
Cc:        dillon@apollo.backplane.com, skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, jdp@polstra.com, luoqi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS problem found - pleaes try this patch.

On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 10:05:50AM -0500, Luoqi Chen wrote:
> The check is correct and should be there, the B_CACHE bit was cleared because
> I made a mistake when setting the valid bit in the vm page.
[...]
> Note the calculation of ev, the original code was a round-up and I changed it
> to round-down in my -r1.188 commit (I thought it was a bug in the original
> code, but it was actually me who didn't understand the nfs code well enough).

The patch seems to solve the problem as nfs behaves as it did
prior to -r1.188. Thanks.

But there's still something wrong: When shutting down the server
it still sometimes panics in vinvalbuf() complaining 'bout dirty
pages. On the client side vi dies of SEGV (edited file and
/var/tmp/vi.recover on nfs fs) generating a wrong sized recover
file. After that the server panics on shutdown. Without triggering
the bug it shuts down gracefully.

I'll try to receipe a situation for easily reproducing this.

  Bjoern