Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 09:20:36 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Matt White <mjw@dhp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccard problems

Matt White wrote:

> I also have another card that causes pccardd to core dump.  My
> understanding is that there are BigChanges(tm) afoot for pccard support in
> FreeBSD.  Are there similarly big changes planned for pccardd to the point
> where it wouldn't be worthwhile figuring out why this card is causing
> problems?  I have no immediate use for the card.

That is probably a CardBus card, which presently makes pccardd core dump
for silly reasons. A couple of NULL pointer guards in cardd.c's
card_inserted() is all one needs to prevent it from core dumping (though
CardBus is still not supported).

I reported this problem and it's cause a while ago, and I really hoped
it would have been solved by now. :-(

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"I agree whole heartily! Who am I to disagree with a wacko like you?"