Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 1999 01:31:54 -0700
From:      John Armstrong <siberian@siberian.org>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Search engine on website

Am I the only one who is pretty annoyed at the online search engine
at www.freebsd.org? It works great but it returns URL's rather then
the document titles that it is searching. This makes it especially
hard for newbies to find the data they are looking for as they have
to page through tons of results to syphon out the data they want.

Granted, I have learned a lot from such filtering sessions but still... ;)

So the question is :

1) Is there a reason it is like this?
2) If the reason is 'no one has gotten around to it' how can I help?
I am not sure what engine is being used but swish works wonders, is
free and does an admirable job.

Just some thoughts.

John-