Date:      Wed, 29 May 1996 16:40:35 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        tonyc@compnews.co.uk (Tony Clark)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9gig disk for freebsd

Someone already replied and said yes; the answer is yes. :)  But as a
note of caution:  One of the worst mistakes we've ever made was choosing
to use a Micropolis 9gb hard drive in two of our servers.  Micropolis
built in a feature to both of the drives we purchased:  They crash like
you wouldn't believe.

Go with smaller drives (we've found drives in the 2gb-4gb range to be
perfect) and either split your files up over them, or use the ccd to
stripe them together.

  -Dave Andersen

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)