Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2001 11:22:45 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <kevlo@FreeBSD.ORG>, <jmz@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: kdesupport2 fails to compile on 4.2-STABLE ...

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Will Andrews wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 09:12:08AM -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > from what I can tell right now, the problem is in either 4.2-STABLE *or*
> > the XF-4.0.2 port ... I just wiped out everything, so that I'm startign
> > with a clean slate (rm -rf /usr/X11R6 /usr/local) and can't get
> > XFree-4.0.2 to install now without pthread errors ...
>
> The problem with QT/KDE is a result of the fact that X402 now builds GL
> with threads.  If X402 is not building anymore, that's a new problem and
> should be taken up with Jean-Marc.

Here's what my suspicion is right now ... recently, I reported a problem
where KDE (from CVS) wouldn't compile due to mcopidl SegFault'ng ...
someone answered back that there is a problem with -pthread in -current
*AND* -stable ... I'm wondering if this is the same thing creeping in?  Or
"something completely different"?

Jean-Marc?

I'm running the latest -STABLE on this machine ... as of yesterday, and am
just about to update it again based on changes since, just in case I'm
right and its been fixed ...