Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 1999 00:56:22 -0500
From:      Mark Shirley <mark@entropynet.com>
To:        Max Kool <koolmax@hotmail.com>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help, please.

i'm sure he ment 1.1 gig and non 1.1 meg

On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 07:25:10PM +0300, Max Kool wrote:
> > I own an IBM Thinkpad Aptiva with a 400 P2 and 64 MB ram.
> > There is 1.1 MB free space on which I'd like to install
> > FreeBSD 3.4, version Jan 2000.
> >
> > I tried to install from CD. Everything went fine (suggested kernel),
> > incl. the (A) auto selection of directory sizes when, after the last
> > 'ok', I received the following error message:
> >
> > 1.  unable to make device node for /dev/x in /dev!
> > 2.  couldn't make filesytem properly. aborted.
> >
> > I understand that I can't install FreeBSD on my computer.
> > But, being a newbie, I don't undertsand the meaning of the message.
> >
> > Could someone explain, please ?
> > Alf
>
> You cannot install FreeBSD on 1 MB of HD space!!!
>

> Max

"Minister, I have met Cartagia three times before, twice when he was an
 infant. He drooled most of the time. I wonder if he has continued the
 habit. And again when he was fifteen trying to peek up the dress of some
 young women. I promise you, I will be just as impressed by him now as I
 was then."
        -- Londo, "The Hour of the Wolf"