Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 1995 13:50:18 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        moonhunt@easy.re.kr (HyunSeog Ryu)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IO errors in multi-IO card by kernel

HyunSeog Ryu stands accused of saying:

> I use P-75 machine with FreeBSD 2.0.5-950622-SNAP.
> I was installed multi-serial 4-port card to connect modem for BBS.
> It was runned correctly.
> But today it's kernel report some error message to console,
> and serial is not work.

"is not work" - at all? partly? is it giving off smoke? More details, please.

> message is below.
>
> Oct 16 15:53:05 bbs /kernel: sio4: 1 more silo overflow(total 1)
>
> What's mean??? I was rebuild kernel by config & make.
> As to AST 4 port's method, it was runnung correctly...

Ah, you screwed up your kernel config.  Please send your old and new kernel
config files also.

> Please let me know this message's meaning... ;<

The message means that the system was too busy to service a serial port
interrupt, and one or more bytes were lost.

> 				From Hyunseog Ryu

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[