Date:      Tue, 09 Nov 1999 11:49:51 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nfs

On Mon, 08 Nov 1999 18:47:08 EST, Rick Knebel wrote:

> I can do this mfine in Linux but when I try in freebsd I get this message.
>
> NFS Portmap: RPC: Program not registered

How do you "try FreeBSD"?  You need to provide a more precise
description of what you've done.  How are you trying to mount the NFS
exports? Something like:

	mount_nfs 10.0.0.2:/a/foo /home/foo

What options did you use in /etc/rc.conf to enable NFS "clientness"?  I
have:

nfs_client_enable="YES"         # This host is an NFS client (or NO).
nfs_client_flags="-n 4"         # Flags to nfsiod (if enabled).
nfs_access_cache="4"            # Client cache timeout in seconds

Do you have "options NFS" in the kernel config of the running kernel?

Ciao,
Sheldon.