Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 18:26:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Drew Derbyshire <ahd@kew.com>
To:        imp@village.org, nate@mt.sri.com
Cc:        brandon@ice.cold.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dump/restore with compression

As matter of fact, just last night I made the mistake of installing
the BIN dist when I was adding X11 to the system.  As the system
was only a week old, I had not set up backups yet (after three
years of nightly tape backups under the previous OS) ...

... did you know that the BIN dist also (re)loads /etc for free?

The system _will_ now backup via dump the root partition to a second
drive every night -- after I tweak it tonight, I'll have incrementals
for a week and weekly full backups going back a month.  (I had
week's worth setup before I went to bed last night.) I'll further
add tape or Zip-drive later.

Woe to the system that does not bow to an avatar of data recovery.

-ahd-